Sunday, October 12, 2008

Bridger


So I've been thinking about the joys of being a parent. Some days I think my 3 year old is trying to torture me. His latest helpful thing to do is to put his peed in underwear in the dryer so it can get "dried." When you have 5 children, you do a lot of laundry. So usually there is always a load of clean laundry waiting for me to fold in the dryer. I don't like to take it out unless I can fold it(the wrinkle release cycle is great). So you can imagine how thrilled I am to find peed underwear mixed in with the clean laundry. Thank-you Bridger.
Now that Bridger is 3 1/2 his communication skills have increased. He has developed a "potty" mouth. When he's mad at me, I'm a poo poo. And if he's really really mad--I'm a PENIS. I've tried to explain to him that the word PENIS is not a bad word but a body part. I'm going to give the credit for that lovely vocabulary term to his friend Blaine. We were in church when Blaine got his toys taken away during the sacrament by his grandmother--he was quite angry and called her a penis--like it was the worst ever insult you could possibly give anyone. Now Blaine isn't entirely to blame--the great reactions by his sisters and others have only made the term more exciting to use. We have been trying the naughty step to try to "modify" his behavior. I just wanted to warn those of you with sensitive ears that if the behavior modification fails--hopefully Brooklyn and Breyton won't start calling their loved ones a PENIS. If they do, you know who to blame--Blaine--I'll give you his mother's number.

6 comments:

I See Badgers said...

It is funny. At least he isn't talking about people's bottoms.

-eric

Unknown said...

so hilarious. We'll make sure to guard our child from the evil influence of your children :)

Taber & Rebecca said...

Oh! fun stuff...

mimi said...

YOU CAN'T BLAME ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY!!!!!

TJ said...

Haha...from what I remember as a child, Kimberly you are a Penis....haha...now that is funny!

Jess~ca said...

That kid is TROUBLE! but oh so funny!
love ya,
Jessica
p.s. hopefully no POOPED in underwear gets put in the dryer!!!