Sunday, November 4, 2007

Branch Halloween Party


We had a lot of fun at the branch Halloween party/trunk or treat. There were several green monsters there. Bridger is the one on the left and Cooper is the frog in the middle. I made chili for the chili cook-off. It was a hodge-podge kind of a chili --whatever I could find in the freezer, fridge, and food storage. I had some frozen spaghetti sauce with Italian sauage in it along with some other Italian sausage I browned up. I added corn, chili beans, white beans, kidney beans, and tomato sauce. It still looked like it needed something so I noticed the shells and cheese the kids hadn't eaten so I tossed those in too. I think I learned that from you, Mom. I had Trevin taste test it and he said it was just fine. There were about 12 pots of chili there and everybody really liked mine, I won an award even. Someone even asked for the recipe! Sometimes you just get lucky.

2 comments:

Jess~ca said...

Chile sounds good..mmmmmmm....

It looks like you guys had a fun Halloween and the kids look so cute in their costumes! I think I was a clown almost every other year...Ha...

I saw a picture of cooper and you on Mom's blog and you two look great! And he's such a cute little chunk!!!
-Love,
Jessica

evelyn said...

Throwing in those exra ingredients is something I learned from my father. My father was (is) a spontaneous cook and he would never tell us what he put into his concoctions! It must be a Norton/Badger tradition, now in its third generation.